Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My Favorite Packer Draftee

Has got to be Aaron Rouse, Safety, from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. First of all, he's 6' 3" and runs a 4.4 forty-yard dash, while weighing 230 pounds. That's Sean Taylor-esque.

Second, I found this NFL network video about his background to be quite moving, although, I admit, I'm a huge sissypants. I tend to wince when people have kids at a young age before they're married (the exceptions know who they are), but being a father, and an apparently doting one at that, should give Rouse extra motivation to utilize karate and kick some ass. Also, he's already graduated from Va. Tech. Well done, Mr. Rouse, Bachelor of Science in Sociology.

Finally, his quotes about being drafted are fantastic.
He told the Wisconsin State Journal that: "I got the phone call (from the Packers) and did a Lambeau Leap. I'm just ecstatic."
Then, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch, after discussing how he believed he should have been drafted earlier, he said:
"Most definitely I got something to prove. I got a big chip on my shoulder, and it's shaped like cheese and it smells like cheese, and I'm ready to go to Green Bay."

No comments: