Sunday, April 27, 2008

Well, Harumph

I was hoping I could find some quote from the Dolphins' personnel people about how they were disappointed that the Packers drafted Brohm, and thus forced them to draft Michigan's Chad Henne. (Miami picked Henne immediately after the Packers picked Brohm.) My motivation was not just to feel better about Brohm, but also to have some ammunition against my Dolphins fan friend. Alas, it was not to be.

Asked about the Packers' pick and its effect on their decision, Miami's Jeff Ireland said "We took a deep breath when (the Packers) took a quarterback who wasn't the one we coveted." Face.

TT, of course, felt the other way, though he seemed reluctant to put down Henne, saying "I think they're both. . . obviously, they went back-to-back there. It was close. We liked both those guys. But the way we went through the process, we had Brohm in a position where we'd take him first."

No comments: