Sunday, September 30, 2007

You are not with me, Leather

Obviously I love Brett. If I had to hook up with a guy, I'd probably pick Brett. But Chris Berman is seriously over the top. On NFL Countdown, he just said, "rooting for Brett Favre is like rooting for America. It really is."

Please make it go away.

I have no interest in the media making Brett the football version of Cal Ripken.

On the other hand, Tom Jackson just used a phrase that is a personal favorite of mine: "fair to middlin'." I think he was describing some team's defense. Whatever.

I think Middleton really ought to adopt that phrase as its motto, especially now that it is the best town in America with less than 50,000 people but more than 10,000 people on Tuesdays with a full moon. You know, like "Welcome to Middleton: we're fair to middlin'!"

No comments: